On February 5th and 6th, the LA Drupal User group held it's first Drupal for Design camp. I had posted on this topic a while ago and now that the event has finally passed, here are my thoughts:
- John Romine did a fantastic job setting up the wireless network. Absolutely no issues during my time there.
- The presentation by Aaron Stanush on the state of web typography was very well done (mine, in hindsight was somewhat rushed :()
- The HTML5/SVG presentation by Mike Stewart was very inspirational and I have some ideas stuck in my head on things that could be done with it.
- The presentation on Drupal Grok theming by Laura Scott has made me seriously think about giving D7 theming a workout.
- The case study by Sheena Donnely which turned into a skinr presentation was awesome (skinr could be very useful for the projects I've worked on).
- I wish I could have seen Ishmael's presentation on why my design sucks as a Drupal theme ^_~
- Todd Ross gave some wonderful tools that could be used for project / shop management.
- Eating from a food truck was an awesome treat :D
Big props go out to the real volunteers (I volunteered but did close to nothing ^_~) and especially the presenters for taking the time to educate and talk about Drupal and Design.